The August issue of Digger Magazine not only includes the Farwest Show Guide and New Products Showcase, but other original green industry feature stories and news content.
In this issue
- The impervious barbery: These top-selling shrubs are durable, beautiful and deer resistant.
- Member profile: Walla Walla Nursery Co. Inc.: Lorne and Auralea Blackman serve retailers across the Northwest and Intermountain regions with a diversity of plant material.
- Springing forward: COVID-19 has meant banner years for nurseries, but the future’s a little foggy.
- A billion-dollar bounty: Several factors explain Oregon’s robust plant sales figures, particularly in woody material.
- Creating the next generation of nursery leaders: Today’s students represent the nursery growers of tomorrow, and the Oregon Nurseries Foundation operates with that in mind.
Farwest Show 2021
- Farwest Show New Products Showcase: Discover innovative solutions and improvements to the latest 2018 green industry products.
- Farwest Show Features: Explore everything that the Farwest Show has to offer.
- Farwest Exhibitor Search: Plan your route through the tradeshow floor.
- Weathering the storm: President’s Message by Kyle Fessler
- Road trip to the City of Roses: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
- In the heat of the garden: What I’m Hearing with Mike Darcy
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- A fine, low input turf: Researchers look into the helpful properties of fine fescue turgrasses.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.