The double-duty August issue of Digger Magazine includes detailed stories about shade tree trends, shifts in consumer demand, and supply chain woes alongside the 2022 Farwest Show Guide and New Products Showcase companion piece. There is also uplifting news about the new plant releases from Oregon State University and all the recipients of Oregon Nurseries Foundation scholarships this year.
- Farwest Show New Products Showcase: Explore newly-released innovations that have hit the green industry marketplace
- Farwest Show Features: Make the Farwest Show experience the best one ever by joining in on any of these features and gatherings.
- Farwest Exhibitor Search: Plan your route through the tradeshow floor.
In this issue:
- The shifting shade tree market: What people find useful can change with societal trends as well as improved genetics.
- Assessing consumer demand after COVID: After two banner years and still going strong, the nursery industry faces some headwinds.
- A perfect storm of hurdles: Container vendors deal with supply chain, labor and raw materials issues, which in turn affects growers and retailers.
- Nurturing future nursery leadership: Today’s students represent the nursery growers of tomorrow, and the Oregon Nurseries Foundation operates with that in mind.
- Turbocharge your career at Farwest: President’s Message by Josh Robinson
- The new era of the industry is upon us: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
- Selling the fall season: What I’m Hearing by Mike Darcy
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Bred for success: These are some current and future cultivars from Oregon State University Ornamental Plant Breeding Program.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.