The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has sent logistics into a tailspin and severely limited many shipping options. This Transportation Issue reveals the source of the trucking industry’s struggles and offers tips for getting products on the road. Readers will also meet Mark Bigej, COO of Al’s Garden & Home, in the Meet the Leader story and find advice for running a business during these turbulent times. Finally, OSU researchers share the results of testing Marengo chemicals with various plants to help growers weigh their options.
In this issue:
- Keep on trucking: The booming nursery industry has put big demands on the shipping sector.
- Keeping drivers in the loop: Communication is key to treating truckers well during driver shortage.
- Uncharted territory: Providing leadership through turbulent changes is a challenge.
- Meet the Leader: Mark Bigej: As a third-generation owner of Al’s Garden & Home, Mark grew up immersed in the nursery industry.
- The start of a beautiful journey: President’s Message by Josh Robinson
- No map should muffle our voice: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
Growing Knowledge an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Testing tolerance with Marengo: Herbicide’s label allows growers to experiment with various plants and levels
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.