In addition to the 50th Anniversary Farwest Show Guide (PDF), which will help all Farwest attendees get the most out of their show experience and visit to Oregon, the August issue of Digger covers the latest news and trends in the nursery and greenhouse industry. Let’s dig in!
- Farwest turns 50: Ever since the first Farwest Show in 1973, the nursery industry that comes together, grows together. By Kym Pokorny
- Hot for Hinoki: Hinoki cypress is hotter than ever for use in modern landscapes. By Emily Lindblom
- The (not so) big chill: Plant sales have cooled off since the highs of the COVID era, but 2023 is shaping up strongly so far for the green industry. By Jon Bell
- Seeding the next gen: Meet the next generation of horticulture specialists, college students who are preparing for careers in horticulture and related fields. By Stephanie Weihrauch
- Researchers roundup: Get to know the horticultural researchers at OSU and USDA. By Lloyd Nackley
- President’s Message: An immersive experience. By Todd Nelson
- Director’s Desk: 50 years of growing Oregon’s brand. By Jeff Stone
- What I’m Hearing: Open season for open gardens. By Mike Darcy
- Digital Growth: Plant purchases gain momentum. By Ron McCabe
Please send your comments on the issue to Editor Curt Kipp at CKipp@OAN.org.