Oregon’s nursery and greenhouse industry continued to display strong growth — just like the high-quality plants, trees and shrubs grown here.
More than 6,300 industry professionals turned out for the 2016 Farwest Show, the largest green industry trade show in the West — held August 25–27 in Portland, Oregon, and presented by the Oregon Association of Nurseries.
Click here to read a recap of the 2016 Farwest Show.
Other stories in the September 2016 issue include:
- What did I do this summer? OAN President Leigh Geschwill says summer is far from slow for nursery and greenhouse operators. Download a PDF of this article.
- Navigating around the social media landscape: Our marketing expert ranks today’s most popular social media outlets, from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram to Snapchat. Download a PDF of this article.
- The benefits of broadleaf evergreens: Landscapers are looking beyond conifers to these
- ]’trees that offer year-round foliage, flowers, drought tolerance and/or cold hardiness. Download a PDF of this article.
- Before you sell your nursery: Here are questions to ask before talking to potential buyers. Download a PDF of this article.
- Comparing natural and artificial turf: Study looks at cost and playability. Download a PDF of this article.
- Fall is for planting ideas: OAN Executive Director Jeff Stone looks back on the year that was and sets fresh expectations for the new year to come. Download a PDF of this article.
You can also read this month’s flipbook edition of Digger (Flash required; fast connection recommended). Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.