The September 2023 issue of Digger is out and here’s what’s included:
- The replacements. Overreliance on certain trees often prompts the need to turn to newer varieties in place of faltering favorites. By Erica Browne Grivas.
- The problem of the root. Growers, suppliers discourage tap roots and circling with pruning pots and grow bags. By Mitch Lies.
- The genetic revolution comes home. Researchers seek new ways to make use of whole genome sequencing in plant production. By Melodie Putnam.
- Farwest Show celebrates 50 years in style. Highlights from the 2023 edition of the Show. By Curt Kipp and Vic Panichkul, with photos by Carly Carpenter.
- President’s Message: Where the lessons are. By Todd Nelson
- Director’s Desk: We exist to serve members. By Jeff Stone
Please send your comments on the issue to Editor Curt Kipp at CKipp@OAN.org.