Farwest Show exhibitors are known for pushing limits to promote the green industry, and for the 2022 edition of the show, that certainly didn’t change.
Judges walked the floor to find the best of the best, recognizing several winners with the Ted Van Veen Best in Show booth awards. The show runs through Friday, August 26, at the Oregon Convention Center in downtown Portland, Oregon.
“The exhibitors at Farwest this year really are representing the industry well,” Show Director Allan Niemi said. “There are some dazzling displays where people pushed creativity to a new level.”
Winning the overall Best in Show booth award was Hopper Bros. of Woodburn, Oregon (Booth #12010), for their booth containing specimen size conifers, frosted Christmas trees, Halloween pumpkins and gourds, a model train and more.
The Best in Show booth award comes with a free 10×10 booth space for the 2023 Farwest Show. Other Best of Division award winners included the following:
- Best 10×10 Booth – Serendipity Nursery, Canby, Oregon (Booth #19055)
- Best 10×20 or Larger Row Booth – Hopper Bros. (Booth #12010)
- Best Island Booth — Alpha Nursery, Salem, Oregon (Booth #18019)
- Best 10×10 Booth – Earthlight Technologies, Silverton, Oregon (Booth #9008)
- Best 10×20 or Larger Row Booth – Root Pouch, Portland, Oregon (Booth #16009)
- Best Island Booth — Papé, Eugene, Oregon (Booth #15063)
The show also recognized exhibitors who put extra creativity into their booths with three Far From Ordinary booth awards. Winning that award this year were Cascade Tropicals, Snohomish, Washington (Booth #7073); Sound Horticulture, Bellingham, Washington (Booth #17027); and A & R Nursery Sales, Boring, Oregon (Booth #11037).
The Farwest Show serves professionals engaged in the nursery industry and related trades, including retail nurseries, wholesale growers, landscapers, landscape designers, and others involved in the green industry. For more information about the 2022 Farwest Show, visit www.farwestshow.com.