Our November issue of Digger Magazine takes a comprehensive look at freight, a component of the nursery industry that’s as essential as water, sunshine and air.
In this issue:
- A season of nightmares: With low availability and higher driver and truck costs, shipping costs skyrocketed in 2022. By Mitch Lies.
- Safe travels: Nurseries take steps to protect plants and reduce shipment risks. By Tracy Ilene Miller.
- Cool ridin’: Refrigerated trucks are key to spreading the Oregon nursery industry far and wide. By Jon Bell.
- President’s Message: The values of farm life. By Todd Nelson.
- Director’s Desk: Your vote is your voice. By Jeff Stone.
- Digital Growth: Protecting your office against cyberattacks. By Ron McCabe.
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Don’t get burned by charcoal rot: Soilborne fungus can afflict hebes and a wide range of other host plants. By Jerry E. Weiland.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.