The HR Issue focuses on keeping a healthy and thriving partnership between employers and employees. There’s also an Oregon employment law update that shares the latest COVID-19 rules for business owners. Read the recap of the green industry’s best at the OAN Annual Convention in Maui, Hawaii, and discover all of the options from Oregon State University to identify nursery pests.
In this issue:
- Competing for key personnel: Nurseries dangle remote work, added benefits and work-life flexibility to attract top talent.
- Now hiring — hopefully: The lingering pandemic finds nurseries getting creative to fill vacancies.
- Oregon employment law update: It’s not only COVID-19 rules that employers need to consider.
- Honoring the industry’s best: OAN’s Annual Convention in Maui, Hawaii honored many leaders and advocates of the nursery industry.
- With purpose comes passion: President’s Message by Josh Robinson
- La familia de viveros e invernaderos: Director’s Desk by Jeff Stone
- An endless source of joy: What I’m Hearing by Mike Darcy
Growing Knowledge is an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Know thy enemy: You found the pest, but do you know what it is? Expert insect pest identification resources are available in Oregon.
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.