Growers can read about the pros and cons of creating a display garden for buyers to explore on site, or check out the colorful varieties of Agastache which are becoming a perennial favorite in this month’s Digger issue. Plus, the Farwest show is almost here! Explore the Farwest Show New Variety Showcase insert to see the latest plant varieties making a debut this year. Patrick Newton, chairman of the Farwest Committee, introduces himself in the Meet the Leader section.
In this issue:
- Excellence on display: Is it worth the trouble of creating a display or trial garden at your nursery? We spoke to several growers about the challenges and benefits.
- A perennial favorite: Traditional and new Agastache varieties offer beauty, fragrance and other endearing qualities.
- Farwest Show New Varieties Showcase: Preview the new plant varieties coming to the Farwest Show.
- Meet the Leader: Patrick Newton: The self-described “city kid” embraced the challenges of learning a new industry and rose to become Farwest Show chairman.
- Move forward on immigration: President’s Message by Josh Zielinski
- Don’t sleep on the WPS: Directors Desk by Jeff Stone
- Five business books worth reading: Pivot Points with Ian Doescher
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- Ozone in the low zone: These oxygen molecules in the lower atmosphere, also known as smog, can damage growing plants
Download a PDF of the full issue: Digger Magazine – July 2018
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at firstname.lastname@example.org.