Shrubs take center stage in the June 2023 issue of Digger. Sharing the spotlight is the Farwest Show Planning Guide (PDF), a special insert detailing all the seminars, speakers and special events planned for this year’s extra-special 50th anniversary Farwest Show.
Shrub-focused feature articles in the June 2023 issue include:
- Where are the shrubs?: Growers face recession and inflation concerns amidst stock shortages. By Erica Browne Grivas
- High demand for low-water shrubs: Growers and retailers capitalize on native and climate-adapted varieties for modern landscapes. By Tracy Ilene Miller
- Getting ahead by cutting back: Advances in automated shrub trimming save an astounding amount of time and labor. By Emily Lindblom
- GROWING KNOWLEDGE: Measuring low-water stress: Expansive study evaluates climate-ready landscape plants for the western U.S. By Loren Oki and Jared Sisneroz
- President’s Message: Keeping our world ‘Wonderful’. By Todd Nelson
- Director’s Desk: My chat with ChatGPT. By Jeff Stone
- What I’m Hearing: Specimen shrubs that steal the spotlight. By Mike Darcy
Please send your comments on the issue to Editor Curt Kipp at CKipp@OAN.org.