The March 2023 issue of Digger takes a deep dive into the nursery industry’s use of water, the essential input for the propagation and growth of plant material.
- Water, water everywhere? Western nursery associations team up to tackle the rising tide of water woes. By Jon Bell
- Ponds with new purpose: Smart pond management reduces costs and delivers many benefits for growers. By Peter Szymczak
- High times for low-water plants: Retail garden centers increasingly turn to drought-tolerant varieties that beat the heat. By Tracy Ilene Miller
- Finding your flow: Today’s technology can automate every aspect of irrigation, but it comes with a price. By Mitch Lies
- President’s Message: Finding new answers. By Todd Nelson
- Director’s Desk: The lifeblood of our industry. By Jeff Stone
- Legal Access: Water right transfers: The future of water allocation in Oregon. By Steve Shropshire
Growing Knowledge, an ongoing series provided by Oregon State University in collaboration with the USDA and in partnership with OAN.
- A farmland boom: Despite soaring interest rates, farmland values in Oregon show no signs of slumping. By Daniel Bigelow
Please send your comments on the issue to editor Curt Kipp at email@example.com.